I'm not too hot when it comes to regular expressions, so I've decided to document every battle won, however big or small, in my war on regular expressions.
The concept of cyclomatic complexity is pretty new to me, and when faced with JSHint errors regarding it in the past I've been mostly likely to take the easy way out and skipped over the problem by bumping the maximum complexity. But when faced with a complex switch statement used to add support for directives to Stylperjade 1.2 I decided to solve the problem properly by using a hash table instead.
Google PageSpeed Insights and my web pages; it was a match made in heaven, until things changed... PageSpeed started telling me I needed to optimise my CSS delivery, that my CSS files were render-blocking, that none of the above-the-fold content of my page could render without waiting for those files to load, and that I should in-line the critical portions of those files directly into my HTML.
What started out as a simple chat this afternoon between myself and Cheryl Natel on the ways in which we could integrate functional specifications into pattern libraries spawned into a great discussion on the topic via an impromptu Google Hangout.
As a follow up to my recent post on Phases (and Mesophases) - a possible addendum to Atomic Design I recently released the first addition to Brad Frost's Pattern Lab to allow quick switching between defined breakpoints.
This Monday I had the absolute pleasure of attending Brad Frost's Reasons to be Responsive workshop (Recap by Jake Ryan). Among the 8 'awesome' hours of RWD gold, Brad introduced us to Atomic Design, a modular approach to responsive design and development, and his brand new tool Pattern Lab for forging websites using the Atomic Design approach.